Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Concept Artist – Stuff to Read, Stuff to Get 1

Hi all!

I seriously want to get this book!!!!



It's from Balistic Publishings, so that makes it pretty expensive... but really, I don't care! It's good!

It features work and interviews from a few top guns in the concept art industry.
My favorite entry would have to be George Hull's work, the man behind the MATRIX movies eye-candy The dude also did concept design for other movies like "V for Vendetta" (both movie and graphic novels are a fave) ‘Finding Nemo’, ‘Mission: Impossible’, ‘Constantine’, ‘Jurassic Park: The Lost World’, the special editions of ‘Star Wars’, ‘The Empire Strikes Back’, and ‘Return of the Jedi’, ‘Twister’, ‘Star Trek Generations’ and the Oscarwinning ‘Forest Gump’.

I didn't even know of the guy til I found this book, now I'm going to call him "sifu" XD



Here's an Easter Egg for you:

A Kickass origami of V's Mask!

And another good site for all things about illustration - LinesAndColors.com

No comments: