Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fashion Graphic Designer

Hi again!

Recently, I had a hand at designing and selling some T-shirts with a couple of friends of mine.
I like how things are going, and I am considering to continue this line after graduation.

It seemed like a fairly simple at first - then I found it was actually quite difficult to find out what the average Malaysian would like to wear on their shirts. Sadly, I think most are still content with Godawful prints of "BILLABONG" or "QUICKSILVER" stamped across their chests... sigh

Someday, I'll find out how to get better looking shirts to more people.
Anyways, here are some links for you guys, for a closer look into fashion graphic design (Click on the link to go to the page):

tokidoki



The Top of the Fashion Graphics Foodchain...for the moment
.

The creator's ITALIAN!! Yes, this Latino called Simone Legno started tokidoki as a brand fronting his Japanese-Kawaii vector art.

Soon enough, Hard Candy cosmetic's co founder stumbled upon his website and fell in love with his work, and was so into his designs they actually helped him build
tokidoki from ground up!

Since then, he has gone and done work for Le Sportsac, which pirated versions you can see being sold everywhere in Sg. Wang, MTV, Volkswagen, Microsoft and even took the cake of LA's 2005 Mercedes Benz's Fashion Show.

I can only wish for half his skill and luck...and he's not even Asian for crying out loud.




Music = Life - My FIRST shirt!


This shirt was meant for the Audiophile in us - I wanted to make a shirt that expresses that music is the heart of its wearer, that they were permanently plugged in to their music.

Business is slow at the moment. It took me a whole week to come up with this design... mainly because I couldn't identify what the people at the LowYat forums would want to spend money on. I'm so going to design better ones! I'm working on a video game themed one right now... I welcome any suggestions!

Well, that's it for now. Thanks to everyone who ordered some! Shipment'll be here Early - Mid April, thanks for being patient yeah =P

No comments: