Sunday, April 27, 2008

Concept Artist – Brushing Up Part 1/2


In the concept design industry, artists need to capture EXACTLY what amazing new worlds and their inhabitants they see in their heads on to a tangible canvas. How else can they engage their audience enough to transport them into this new world of theirs?

Right now, I’m quite stuck at drawing manga styled visuals in black and white, so I’m thinking of enrolling in some professional training courses that can get me creating some believably realistic images.

First place that comes to mind would be The One Academy.

(Image - Mixed media by Liw Chek Kee, One Academy)

This local institute is famed for its Illustration programme. Its students have proven this college’s effectiveness and through testimonials from friends (happy la y’all, I’ve got one more year in a Certain Somewhere…) who have graduated from there, this college has a very strong creative community spirit, everyone’s so motivated to produce great work. I need a bit of that in my life again.

No comments: