Sunday, April 27, 2008

Concept Artist – Employment Part 3/3

Did my research and found out that Lucas Arts - George Lucas’s company, which produced the “Star Wars” and “Indiana Jones” movies – have a base in Singapore! Lucasfilm Animation is right next door!

Why does Singapore have so many good studios?

Here’s the man himself on moving to the Lion City (extracted from here)

"I've been a fan of Asian animation and illustration all my life. Asian cinema has had a particularly big impact on a lot of my work. When we began thinking about developing new ways to explore the craft of animation, it seemed a natural step to combine the two."

–George Lucas-

It’s obvious I would need the best of my art skills to qualify working here – I’d have to work at a level that would continue to impress and inspire generations that have already seen the amazing works that this line has already put out.

Also, I would need good story telling skills. This legendary household brand has always been associated to good, if not revolutionary storytelling, since its beginnings in 1971.

…and considering it’s Singapore, I can expect to have to fight tooth and claw to get somewhere in this company.

No comments: