Sunday, April 27, 2008

Concept Artist – Employment Part 1/3



My first obvious step would be to post my portfolio (after a good brushing up that is) on this website – CGSociety.(click the banner to go to site)

I would be showcasing an unlimited number of my works among some of the best in the industry in this website, for a small annual fee of USD 29.95. This website would be a good place for me to start building connections with industry giants, and maybe even gain a mentor.

This online portfolio archive also has some HUGE contests – such as this year’s CG Challenge


An excerpt from the site explaining this contest:

“The CG Challenges are the largest online art contests of their kind, with huge amounts of sponsorship and publicity for each challenge. Working within guidelines and software limitations, artists are challenged to create outstanding artworks based upon set themes while showing their work-in-progress to the community.”

I suppose getting an award from this community would be a good career advancement - and I've seen some entries that won top honors were not very polished in an artistic sense, but were chosen for having a good story behind it. I'd like t to produce work like that.


No comments: